Walking in to a damp and wet bathroom is a passé when you have leaky faucets causing the problem. It’s a nuisance to wait for the plumber and get bathroom faucets fixed when it can be easily done by you with cost effective options. The convenience of doing it yourself, and getting the hang of it, is unparalleled!
How to replace a faucet?
The tools required for you to replace the faucet are a bathroom faucet, an adjustable wrench, basin wrench, bucket, supply lines, and much more. These are primarily for replacing a faucet with a new one.
Points to keep in mind while replacing bathroom faucets
- There are a variety of bathroom faucets available in the market with different brand names.
- Choosing one faucet can be difficult given the myriad options.
- Choose your faucet according to your specific requirements and budget.
- Don’t forget to consider other relevant tools before zeroing on one bathroom faucet.
- Choose stylish faucets that could add more glamour and match your bathroom décor.
- Consider customizing your bathroom faucets according to the color of your walls and ceiling.
- Go for faucets after considering its configuration and finishing that blends with sink.
- There are several points to consider before buying certain faucets, and one of them is working with a budget.
- It’s no surprise that when bathroom faucets are top quality, they are going to be expensive. Few designs are also pretty expensive, especially when there’s intricate work on the exclusive faucets. Cost depends on specifications of the chosen faucet.
- Every individual works with different specifications while buying bathroom faucets and it’s better to choose one to match those requirements.
- It’s a better initiative to choose bathroom faucets and sinks together to make sure they are compatible.
- Never buy anover sized or small bathroom faucet; always go for the right size.
- Choose your faucet with or without handles depending on your preferences.
- It’s wise to choose lighter faucets since they hide soap residues, whereas darker shades make the residue more visible.
- Check with the manufacturers regarding cleaning products for your faucets, since harsh chemicals leave permanent stains.
- Some modern faucets come with many advantages, like motion-free and hand-free operation. Some even come with sensors operated by a single touch, and temperature limit to prevent blisters.
- Current bathroom faucets are made up of easy-clean surface coatings, which can be easily installed.
- Newly manufactured bathroom faucets are stylish, and aesthetic in looks and design.
- Bathroom faucets come with various materials, like brass, stainless steel, and plastic.
- These faucets are even coated with varnish to prevent corrosion because it’s in direct contact with water at all times.
- Valve systems in bathroom faucets come with 4 types of valve systems, like compression, cartridge, ceramic disk, and ball.
- Different valve types have one of a kind level of reliability.
- When it comes to durability, ceramic valves are preferred.