Gone are the days when people used to drink water directly from wells, tubewells, streams and rivers. This is because, these sources of water once the mostly used have presently become excessively contaminated. Pollution is present just about everywhere, be it on land or water. This in turn has contaminated ground water. Many chemicals are also said to have penetrated into the ground water, thus making it unsafe for drinking. Moreover, unwanted chemicals released into the rivers by the chemical industries and factories have only made water consumption all the more dangerous. Slowly, but steadily and surely, good, clean and pure water is becoming a scarce commodity. Numerous companies have understood the need for good, clean water and hence, have come out different types of water purifiers to help people to meet their regular water consumption needs.
Safe and pure water
There is a genuine need for using water purifier at the home, office and commercial establishments. Otherwise, polluted and contaminated water will only make the person and the entire family to become sick and suffer from different ailments including diarrhea and untimely deaths. The water purifier does make water to become contaminant-free and completely safe and pure to drink.
Which water purifier to buy?
Different brands and types of water purifier are available in the market and all of them claim to offer pure, clean water to drink. It is necessary to understand the different types available. Their specifications, how effective are they and their comparison in details. This can help to make a well informed decision to purchase one for the home within the budget. It should also match specific needs of the family.
Specific purifier types:
- Distillation: It helps to distil water. The purification process of this type helps to eliminate sediments, microorganisms and contaminants present in water. However, the disadvantages of this purifier are its slow purification process and offering about 1 liter for every 10 liters filtered. Besides this, oxygen is not allowed to pass through, thus, reducing water quality.
- Backwash: This purifier can trap sediments, contaminants and residue. But there are no capabilities present to reduce harmful microorganisms.
- Reverse Osmosis: These purifiers have been designed to desalinate seawater and are based upon reverse osmosis process. It is presently being used widely at homes, commercial establishments and workplaces. Contaminants can be removed completely through RO purification.
- Activated carbon: This type of water purifier uses carbon particles to purify water. Contaminants and sediments stick to the carbon surface to provide clean water supply. It also effectively eliminates unwanted odor. However, microorganisms are not removed with this one.
- Ultra Violet: Ultraviolet radiation of around 100 nm-28nm wavelengths is created to destroy different types of microorganisms like molds, bacteria, virus and algae, etc. It is among the most preferable and effective purifier type in the market.
Therefore, it can be safely said that UV and RO purifiers are excellent options to choose for the home or office, as it ensures safe, clean drinking water. The reputed companies also provide prompt water purifier repair.